- Opportunities to Partner
- Other announcements or topics
Badger Talks is pleased to announce the opening of the in-person speaker request system! Thank you for your virtual requests over the past several months. We will continue to also offer this opportunity for Wisconsin businesses and organizations who prefer to host speakers virtually at their upcoming event.
It is our goal to bring the University of Wisconsin – Madison to you to help spark ideas and conversations on topics important to your community. Whether you want to hear about the history of the Amish, improve communication in your workplace, or learn about the latest ground-breaking health care research, Badger Talks boasts a roster of 400 UW experts ready to give talks around Wisconsin.
The process is simple: explore our list of categories, or search for speakers/topics using keywords via the search bar; then submit an online talk request. Wisconsin businesses, clubs and organizations are welcome to request up to two talks per calendar year. Please contact us if you would like assistance with identifying a speaker who matches your organization’s interests.
Services are provided at little to no cost for organizations and businesses in Wisconsin in support of The Wisconsin Idea and as part of the UW Connects program housed in the Office of State Relations.
Questions? Feel free to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Aerospace Jam is a competition for high school students across Wisconsin to use drones on a NASA-inspired simulated moon mission. The program is a partnership between the NASA Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium and the Milwaukee Bucks. Our goal is to recruit students from diverse backgrounds and cultivate a welcoming and inclusive event that will foster meaningful interactions among teammates and teams. See the flyer attached for more information.
Kristin Michalski, NBCT
East Troy High School
Science Team Leader
Milwaukee Area Physics Share (MAPS) Coordinator
- The UW Now Livestream. August 10 at 7 pm. TBD
- Badger Talks Live: – https://www.facebook.com/UWConnects/live & https://badgertalks.wisc.edu/events/
- Tuesday, August 10, Noon, “La Follette Focus: Big Questions in Health Policy” with Christine Durrance, Associate Professor of Public Affairs
- Science on the Steps by Facebook Live and organized by Liz Jesse of the Biotech Center and Wisconsin 4-H.
- The Third Session is Monday August 16 at 2pm CT.
- Check for other events presented online and available to all at http://today.wisc.edu/events/tag/science
7. Upcoming Lineup for Wednesday Nite @ The Lab online by zoom starting at 7pm Central. WN@TL runs every Wednesday night, 50 times a year.
Register at go.wisc.edu/240r59 Schedule and descriptions at https://science.wisc.edu/wednesday-nite-at-the-lab
Star Party Dates: Talks start @ 7PM, come earlier for family activities
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Edgewood College follows State of Wisconsin current recommendations regarding masking and social distancing in response to COVID-19.
Rachael Lancor, PhD
Faculty Development Coordinator
Associate Professor of Physics
Division of Physical, Computational, and Mathematical Sciences
Office: SON 203A
Phone: 608-663-6997 (o); 608-215-3493 (cell)