On Saturday May 5, 2018 from 10am to 1pm join us for the 13th Annual UW Family Gardening Day at D.C. Smith Greenhouse, 465 Babcock Drive; Allen Centennial Gardens, 620 Babcock Drive; and Steenbock Memorial Library, 550 Babcock Drive.
You can park nearby at Lot 40 (460 Babcock Drive), Lot 36 (1645 Observatory Drive) and Lot 34 (1480 Tripp Circle).
UW Family Gardening Day gives everyone a chance to see & explore some of the splendid facilities for teaching, research and outreach in the plant sciences as well as to tour the beautiful gardens on campus. We look forward to seeing you there!
- Free, family friendly event
- Tour D.C. Smith Instructional Greenhouse and look at insects under a microscope, learn about research happening at the UW Biotron or construct unconventional flower arrangements.
- Visit Allen Centennial Gardens for inspiring home garden ideas. While you’re there, pick up a Pasta Four-Pack (while supplies last)
- Check out the Steenbock library for the Library Gardening Collection and a UW-Extension Master Gardener Q&A session
- Stop by the Babcock Hall Dairy Store for tasty treats (11:00-4:00)
- Explore hands-on activities with soil, seeds and seedlings
- Build a terrarium or look at insects under a microscope
- Use all 5 of your senses to experience plants
Photos are available at http://go.wisc.edu/gardening_day.
Map of UW Family Gardening Day locations (note: click on the map for an interactive map)