- Opportunities to Partner
- with WISE
- with Wright Middle School
- with the Labor Temple for Labor Day, September 6
- with Greater Urban League – STEM Camp on August 9th
- with “Science on the Steps” – starting in July
- Setting the schedule of the remaining meetings thru August
- Other announcements or topics
- The UW Now Livestream. June 29 at 7 pm. TBD
- In Person Saturday Science Workshop at UW Space Place, 2300 S. Park St, in the lower level of the Villager. Most Saturdays at 10:00am. Check at http://www.spaceplace.wisc.edu/#satworkshops.
- Check for other events presented online and available to all at http://today.wisc.edu/events/tag/science
4. Upcoming Lineup for Wednesday Nite @ The Lab online by zoom starting at 7pm Central. WN@TL runs every Wednesday night, 50 times a year.
Register at go.wisc.edu/240r59 Schedule and descriptions at https://science.wisc.edu/wednesday-nite-at-the-lab
Star Party Dates: Talks start @ 7PM, come earlier for family activities
Saturday, July 17, 2021
Saturday, August 14, 2021
Saturday, September 18, 2021
Saturday, October 16, 2021
Link to a map: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Painted+Forestemail@example.com,-90.2738505,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x10782e9febe78b0c!8m2!3d43.5740255!4d-90.2738505
Note that you should turn left at the Painted Forest building (looks like a little white church) and proceed up the hill. The telescope will be on the right at the top of the hill.
Edgewood College follows State of Wisconsin current recommendations regarding masking and social distancing in response to COVID-19.
We invite you to submit a 2-minute video demonstrating a physics concept. Awards will be given for the best videos, and winners will be posted on our website and edited into a longer video to be shown on public television.
We encourage submissions from students and teams, but for legal reasons, anyone under the age of 18 must work under the supervision of a parent, guardian, or teacher who will submit the video on their behalf. This could be a fun educational project for families or for physics classes during this period of social distancing.
The deadline for submissions is June 30, 2021. You can find more information at https://wonders.physics.wisc.edu/contest/.
Aerospace Jam is a competition for high school students across Wisconsin to use drones on a NASA-inspired simulated moon mission. The program is a partnership between the NASA Wisconsin Space Grant Consortium and the Milwaukee Bucks. Our goal is to recruit students from diverse backgrounds and cultivate a welcoming and inclusive event that will foster meaningful interactions among teammates and teams. See the flyer attached for more information.
I will be taking on an Interim Dean role next year and am looking for a half-time person to hold down the fort in Outreach. I have two Program coordinators that will keep the major programs up and running but are looking for someone to oversee things and keep us afloat. There is also a half-time teaching opening that someone could couple with this if they want full-time and are qualified. We are in a hurry to get this position filled as I start July 1 and we would like some transition time. If you know of anyone (Ph.D preferred but MS is OK) please direct them to our page and to get materials in ASAP.
11. Science Exploration Stations at Juneteenth on Saturday June 19 at Penn Park