UW-Madison Science Alliance Updater
August 31 – September 6, 2020
This is an exciting week. On September 2nd, the University of Wisconsin-Madison will welcome students back to campus. Both teaching and learning (virtually and in-person) in the middle of a pandemic will be exciting challenges this year.
Stay safe out there, Badgers!
-Liz Jesse (Biotechnology Center; and Division of Extension, Wisconsin 4-H)
Note: please visit https://science.wisc.edu/science-alliance/ for the updater archive.
Notable This Week
Science Alliance meets virtually via Webex at 10:00 am Monday, August 31st. Email Liz Jesse firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the link. The meetings are also be recorded and (will be) archived on https://science.wisc.edu/science-alliance/.
The draft agenda for August 31 includes:
- Guest: a representative from the Office of Youth Protection and Compliance (OYPC) will be here to discuss UW-Madison youth policy regarding virtual programming
- Other announcements or topics
Please add your upcoming online programs or resources with learners of any ages to the list at http://science.wisc.edu/ and be sure to include program events in the calendar at http://today.wisc.edu and tag them with “Science” and any other appropriate tag.
Programming Events this week
- Badger Talks Live: The Amish in Wisconsin – Mark Louden, Professor of German Linguistics. Tuesday, September 1 at Noon. https://www.facebook.com/UWConnects/live
- Virtual Badger Talk from Eagle, WI: Swedish Pancakes for Breakfast? Tuesday, September 1, 6:30-7:30PM. Email email@example.com to register for the Zoom meeting.
- Virtual Saturday Science Workshop with UW Space Place. September 5 at 10:00am. Check at http://www.spaceplace.wisc.edu/#satworkshops
- The Wisconsin National Primate Research Center at UW–Madison, along with the other National Primate Research Centers, are hosting a virtual booth at SciFest All Access Sept. 16-23. More info at https://usasciencefestival.org/scifest/
Five Powerful Routes to Promote Your Events: The Updater newsletter (750 subscribers), the science.wisc.edu portal, the @sciencewiscedu Twitter feed (3.2K followers), the @UWMadisonScienceOutreach Facebook page, and the today.wisc.edu calendar.
Add your news, requests and programming announcements to the Updater by emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or post your events to the @sciencewiscedu Twitter feed and to the @UWMadisonScienceOutreach Facebook page.