UW-Madison welcomes learners and explorers of all ages to campus to experience science as exploring the unknown at the 12th Annual UW-Madison Science Expeditions on April 4, 5, 6, 2014!
Check back for more information!
- All campus events are free and open to the public. Bring your family and friends!
- For a list of times and locations for ALL events, pleas click here.
- A fun, family-friendly event for kids and adults of all ages!
- Look at our Archives for a peek into what is to come to Science Expeditions 2014.
- There are no tickets required for any of the on campus events or venues.
- Science Spectaculars have specific starting times; first come, first seated.
- Start your journey with Hands-on Exploration Stations at the Town Center in the Wisconsin Institutes for Discovery building at the heart of campus. The stations are flow-by exhibits staffed by UW scientists. You can explore each station as long as you please.
- Visit the dozen Exploration Destinations nearby!
- The free Science Expeditions Trolley will speed you between venues while you embark on a scientific journey a tour led by VIP Tour Guides.
- Nearby parking can be found in Lot 20 at 1390 University Avenue, Lot 17 at 1550 Engineering Drive, and Lot 36 at 1645 Observatory Drive. Use the interactive UW Campus Map to find other parking lots throughout the weekend.
- We are looking for volunteers and exploration station staffers. Volunteers and exploration station presenters can sign up for Saturday at Discovery or Sunday at HSLC or both! Do you or your research group have a hands-on activity that shares science as exploring the unkown? If you do please consider being part of the 12th Anniversary of UW-Madison Science Expeditions and join the science outreach community in sharing UW-Madison with the public. If you don't have a hands-on activity to present, join us through volunteering in other tasks through out the days. Some of those tasks would be assisting in setting up all the tables, directing families throughout the venues, putting up signs, and many other tasks throughout the day.
- Want to be part of the planning committee? Join us for our weekly Science Alliance meetings on Mondays at 10AM in 1360 Genetics-Biotechnology Center.
- For more information or questions about this event, contact Tom Zinnen at (608) 265-2420 or email@example.com.